cannabis cocktailS well crafted, sophisticated cannabis cocktailS well crafted, sophisticated
- There are actually several types of THC, but the two main types are delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (delta-9 THC) and delta-8 tetrahydrocannabinol (delta-8 THC). Delta-9 THC is the most well-known and most abundant form of THC found in the cannabis plant, and is responsible for the plant's psychoactive effects. Delta-8 THC, on the other hand, is less abundant in the cannabis plant and has a slightly different chemical structure than delta-9 THC - a lot of people refer to it as ‘diet cannabis’
- Other types of THC include delta-10 THC, which is a minor cannabinoid that has been recently discovered in the cannabis plant and is still being studied for its potential effects. Additionally, there are also several synthetic forms of THC that have been developed for medical use, including dronabinol and nabilone, which are used to treat conditions such as nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy, and appetite and weight loss in people with HIV/AIDS.
- Unlike marijuana-derived THC, hemp-derived THC is legal under federal law in the United States as long as it contains 0.3% or less THC by dry weight.
- Hemp-derived THC can be used in a variety of products, including tinctures, edibles, vape cartridges, topicals or even... award-winning Hemp-based cocktails (psssst Like Flyers).
- Some studies suggest that hemp-derived THC may have potential therapeutic benefits, such as reducing pain and anxiety, although more research is needed in this area.
- Hemp-derived Delta 8 THC is often considered 'diet weed' and notably less potent than Delta9 Hemp-derived THC, and is often described as having a milder, more subtle effect.
- Some states have implemented regulations specifically for hemp-derived THC products, including labelling requirements and testing for purity and potency - make sure you've got a grasp for what your respective state regulations are.
- Despite its legal status, hemp-derived THC products are still relatively new to the market, and regulations and standards for quality and safety are still evolving.